Thank You For Your Considered Support
Deschutes County Search & Rescue Foundation
P.O. Box 5722
Bend, OR 97708
- Keep you informed of the Foundation’s mission, of the way the Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Keep you informed of the identity of those serving on the Foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Ensure you have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- Remain assured that your donation will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of gratitude.
- Be assured that information regarding your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Have confidence that all relationships with individuals representing the Foundation will be professional in nature.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The SAR Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations to the SAR Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Thanks to Jon Weber and the entire staff at 10 Barrel Brewing for hosting the fundraiser on March 31st. This has been the fourth straight year that 10 Barrel has generously hosted a fundraiser event for us – proceeds from these events help pay for equipment and training for the Search and Rescue volunteers. Thank you 10 Barrel – we could not do our mission without support from generous community sponsors like you!
Where the Money Goes
The mission of the SAR Foundation is to increase resources, raise funds, and promote public awareness in support of search and rescue volunteer activities conducted by the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office. The SAR Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Donations to the SAR Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
In 2022 the Foundation provided the following support:
- Medical team equipment: $8,299
- Swiftwater team equipment: $3,166
- MRU team equipment: $3,886
- Drone team equipment: $4,885
- Airops training flight time: $3,400
- K9 training: $1,445
- Other: $4,404
Total SAR Support – $ 29,414
In 2021 the Foundation provided the following support:
- North Star Incident Command/Drone vehicle: $60,000
- Travel Expenses for trainings: $4,205
- Medical team supplies: $3,999
- Licenses, certifications, maintenance: $1,821
- Other: $799
Total SAR Support – $ 70,824
In 2020 the Foundation provided the following support:
- Donation in support of Central Oregon Public Safety Chaplaincy $2,000
- SAR academy expenses $1,368
- K9 Team training/conferences/travel $826
- SAR gear and clothing
- Mission and meeting food/snacks $273
- Avenza mapping tool subscriptions $60
Total SAR Support – $ 5,207
In 2019 the Foundation provided the following support:
- Argo Avenger amphibious ATV & Trainer $23,929
- Utility box for siftwater first out $16,471
- Zenmuse camera for drone $11,509
- MRU team training/conferences/travel $9,755
- Recognition apparel for SAR members serving 5+ years $8,053
- Swiftwater trailer custom rack $5,432
- Upgrade to Snowbulance for patient transport $3,510
- K9 team training/conferences/travel $2,906
- Swiftwater team field guides $1,850
- Mission and meeting food/snacks $1,602
- SAR awards/recognition party $1,202
- Switfwater team training/conferences/travel $1,208
- Tracking team training/conferences/travel $750
- Drone pilot exam fees for 2 SAR members $300
- SAR academy expenses $273
- Light tester for SAR trailers $200
- Other misc expenses $165
- Professional licensing & recertification $140